Trudge -- Session #1 (12 posts)

thread created on 3/8/14 at 07:28

Session #1 - Your eyes focus - Re: Your eyes focus - Re: Your eyes focus - Waking - Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Looking around

John Smith, 3/8/14 07:28
Session #1

KA-BOOM!!!!!!
You startle awake from unconsciousness.

Your head throbs with a strong, but dull pain. A miasma of stale booze and cigarettes surrounds you. Eyes still closed, a deep purple behind your eyelids seems to signify that the sun is up. Dry, and saliva-less, your mouth craves fluids. Questions slowly form and make their way through the haze that permeates your brain.

"Was I out drinking last night?"
"What was that noise?"

You recall foggy snapshots of a bar, loud music, women, and a celebration of some sorts, but try as you might, you cannot recall any details. Groggily, you open your eyes. Focus does not come immediately, as bright light overwhelms your vision.

Please roll the following dice and provide me with the results:
D100 (8 times), 10d10, and 6d8, post the results for each individual die roll

John Smith, 5/4/14 15:28
Your eyes focus

Your eyes regain focus and you survey the room. You both realize that you are in a holding cell. You can see the police main office from the cell, like in an old T.V. show like Barney Miller, or the Andy Griffith Show. Inside the cell are two cots with a blanket and a pillow each. There is a toilet and sink with as well.

The office is empty and quiet. You recognize each other from the university.

Both of you please make a will save.

What would you like to do?

gary, 5/10/14 16:01
Re: Your eyes focus

Gary groans, and lifts his head. His bloodshot eyes briefly pause to examine the other man (he seems familiar...) with some degree of suspicion, before continuing around the room.
"What was that noise?"
He staggers out of bed and tries the cell door.
[if it's locked, he'll go over to get a drink from the sink.]
edit: oh man, natural 1 on the will save. Good way to start the day.

Luckily you get a second chance reroll. Also, please make a perception check.

Edited by: John Smith on 5/10/14

Die rolls attached to this post:

  • 1d20 + 1: 2 = 1d20 (1) + 1; by gary on 5/10/14

gary, 5/11/14 06:49
Re: Your eyes focus

Quote:
Luckily you get a second chance reroll. Also, please make a perception check.
whew. I think that if it's a "mental effect", then the will save will be at +2 instead of +1 due to the "mind shield". (you can subtract that back off if i'm wrong).
Notice is, I guess, d20+wis (1d20+1).

Die rolls attached to this post:

  • 1d20 + 2: 18 = 1d20 (16) + 2; by gary on 5/11/14
  • 1d20 + 1: 6 = 1d20 (5) + 1; by gary on 5/11/14

Richard, 5/26/14 10:33
Waking

Richard stares at his surroundings with a complete lack of comprehension. Jail cell? He sits up, rubbing his eyes and looking around again. Jail cell. Dismayed that his eye-rubbing has failed to eliminate his current surroundings and replace them with something more acceptable, he contemplates his cellmate's question.

"Thunder?"

A low grumble sounds from his gut, and Richard pats himself down before reaching behind himself and producing a Power Bar which he opens and begins thoughtfully chewing on.

*Will save attached*

Die rolls attached to this post:

  • 1d20: 16 = 1d20 (16); by Richard on 5/26/14

John Smith, 7/13/14 15:10
Waking results.

Gary:

A familiar, sickly whisper comes to your ear. "something is trying to control us, those memories aren't real, and by the way check your pocket."

You reach in your pocket and discover the keys to the jail cell. Your cellmate is up and moving around. You recognize him as Richard Koffler. A fellow employee of the university.

Richard:

As you reflect on the memories from the night before you feel that that they are not reality.

Party: You both hear the sing toll of a large bell.

What would you like to do?

gary, 7/15/14 19:07
Re: Waking results.

Gary seems to do a double take, looking back at the other man. "Kuff ... Kauffman? Is it? From the Diversity Leadership Lodge Orientation? With the french toast?"

He pauses for a moment, staring at the wall. He then inventories his pockets, and pulls out a set of industrial-looking keys. He looks at them in puzzlement, then looks at back Richard.
"That's odd."

With a shrug, he walks over to the cell door and tries a few keys. One of them seems to fit in the lock. He stares at it, without turning it. He looks over at Richard again, somewhat sheepishly.
"I don't know where this key came from. There's something strange going on here."

Edited by: gary on 7/15/14

Richard, 8/3/14 18:55
Re: Waking results.

"Koffler," Richard says, crumbs falling out of his mouth. He thought the other man might look familiar; he also knew that he hadn't been invited to any parties, and loud nights out were not on his regular itinerary. Finishing his Power Bar, he apparently deposits the empty wrapper in his back pocket, then stands up from the bed and wipes the crumbs off his shirt and pants.

"Well, time marches on, and I'd prefer to spend as little of it incarcerated as possible." He then gestures to the lock and key, inviting his cellmate to open the door.

gary, 8/5/14 17:31
Re: Waking results.

"Well then, here goes nothing!"
Gary opens the door and steps through into the office.

What is out here in terms of doors or desks or whatever? Can we tell which direction the noise is coming from?
I will think to "myself": "What is going on here? Where did this key come from?"

Edited by: gary on 8/5/14

John Smith, 9/1/14 15:47
Re: Waking results.

Quote:
"Well then, here goes nothing!"
Gary opens the door and steps through into the office.

What is out here in terms of doors or desks or whatever? Can we tell which direction the noise is coming from?
I will think to "myself": "What is going on here? Where did this key come from?"


The office contains four desks with type writers and phones on them. There papers present in the in and out boxes on each desk. Everything looks in pristine condition, as if it is brand new or never been used. The noise seems to be coming from the north. (to the right if you were to exit the building.) Three exits come off the office area. The one you came from. One opposite of this which leads to a reception area.(you can see this because the reception counter is on this side of the desk protected from the other side by glass). The third is a door on the left hand wall. The rooms are well lit by recessed fluorescent lights.

gary, 9/3/14 06:36
Re: Waking results.

Gary moves out into the room, and looks around.
"Typewriters?"
I'll look at one of the papers on the closest desk -- any writing? or just blank? If there's writing, is it a report about a crime or something? or just gibberish? does it have a date? I'll then go look through the door into the reception area. Is there a way out through there? or is it just a window?

Edited by: gary on 9/3/14

Richard, 9/30/14 20:28
Looking around

"Maybe we got picked up by Barney Miller."

Richard glances around the room before walking over to the door on his left, which he tries to open halfway to see what's on the other side.

Session #1 - Your eyes focus - Re: Your eyes focus - Re: Your eyes focus - Waking - Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Re: Waking results. - Looking around